OVERVIEW: We help Internet, SaaS/software, device and video game companies structure, draft and negotiate the deals that are critical to their businesses. Our focus on technology transactions means we have the up-to-the-minute knowledge necessary to help our clients make the most of their deals with their developers, partners and customers.
From guidance on structuring strategic partnering, OEM and distribution agreements to drafting and negotiating your day-to-day sales, marketing and business development deals, Smithline PC provides practical and cost-effective legal advice from experienced counsel. This means:
- Knowledge of both your business and technology
- Responsive and practical advice you can understand
- Clear and simple documents
Because we focus on just these types of transactions, we are uniquely equipped to understand your business objectives, match legal advice with your goals, and bring creative options to the table. This is especially important for technology companies – we believe that being familiar with how you develop, position, and sell your product is critical to providing you with effective legal advice.
From years of supporting in-house deal and legal teams, we understand the pressure our clients are under to deliver and the efficient, no-nonsense way in which they like to interact with their counsel. By supplying short, practical forms tailored to your business and pro-actively coordinating with your internal stakeholders, we can help streamline your deal workflow and reduce deal closing time while still helping to protect your company’s long-term interests.
BROAD RANGE OF DEALS
The types of deals we help clients with include:
- Internet: Content/Data Licenses, Affiliate and Platform Terms, Analytics and Tracking Relationships, Commerce and Payment Agreements
- SaaS/Cloud: Subscription, Channel and Technology Partner Agreements
- Software: License Agreements, EULAs and OEM, Reseller and Referral Agreements
- Mobile: Marketplace Agreements, Operator and Aggregator Relationships
- Device: Development, Contract Manufacturing, Component Supply, Marketing, Distribution
- Video Game: Development and Distribution Agreements, Third-Party IP Licenses
- Online Advertising: Advertising and Sponsor Terms, Ad Networks, Optimization Agreements