OVERVIEW: For each of our areas of focus, we provide forms, checklists and other practical tools customized for each client’s specific needs. We also provide a series of training programs targeted directly at the issues our clients face in their day-to-day negotiations.
From forms, checklists and term sheets to deal intake and other process forms, we have an extensive library of resources available for clients. Example tools include:
- Deal Checklists and Term Sheets
- NDA Review Checklist
- Open Source License Matrix
- Open Source Use Policies and Briefer Series
- Contract Process Flow Charts
In-House Intensives: Our “In-House Intensive” training sessions arm our clients with practical guidance for use in their day-to-day negotiations. Each session starts with a real-world scenario, such as a request for a certain set of indemnities in a SaaS agreement. From there we explore the underlying law, provide specific drafting and negotiation tips and close with a group discussion of alternative approaches and solutions.
- Topics for the one-hour sessions include indemnity, warranty, limitation of liability and division of IP ownership.
- The training is geared towards in-house legal, finance and deal teams, but all client staff are welcome.
- Sessions are held in San Francisco or on-site at our client’s offices.
Client-Specific Programs: We also offer training programs to address specific client needs and requests. Examples of client-specific programs we have provided include:
- Using Material You Find on the Internet – Copyright Basics
- Navigating Through Tricky Issues with Procurement
- NDA Review for Non-Lawyers